Pages from the past back in Glenwood

A major collection of more than 115 years worth of Glenwood Springs’ and greater Garfield County’s history has come home.

Bound volumes of several different newspapers that have served the community are now being stored at the new Glenwood Springs Branch Library at Eighth and Cooper, and are available for limited on-site viewing.

They include the Glenwood Post starting in 1899; the Glenwood Independent, which published from 1998-2000; and their merged successor, the Post Independent. The collection also includes the somewhat-tattered but now better-preserved pages of The Avalanche, which published during the late 1800s.

Learn more in the Post Independent.

ALL FEATURED NEWS

Library plaza safety fix completed

 

Work to fix a safety problem outside the Glenwood Springs Branch Library has been completed.

... READ MORE

Partnership puts solar atop another...

In 2012, the Garfield County Libraries first partnered with Colorado Mountain College (CMC) to put a 10 kilowatt (kW) solar photovoltaic system on the New Castle Branch Library. In 2013, CMC... READ MORE

Celebrating Ann Honchell's Story

Libraries are full of stories. And librarians, well, they’ve got plenty of stories as well. New Castle Branch Manager Ann Honchell talks fondly of New Castle, and all the people she’s come to know... READ MORE

Thanks for reading this summer

Garfield County Libraries had 5,203 people register for Summer Reading, which marks only our second time with over 4,000 participants. Readers were asked to record how many days they read... READ MORE