Downloading for Nooks
Garfield County Libraries offers thousands of ebook and audiobook titles for nooks to our members. There are a few things you should know before downloading materials for Nooks from the library.
- Before you look for ebooks, sign in to Overdrive using your library card number to see the complete list of titles for Garfield County members.
- Music and video downloads are not yet available for nooks. MP3 audiobooks are available for some Nook devices using the Overdrive App.
- Kindle ebooks are not compatible with Nooks
- You will need an Adobe ID and in most cases Adobe Digital Editions to download ebooks to a Nook.
- Click here to read the Getting Started with a Nook guide from Overdrive
Downloading ePub and PDF Books Using Adobe Digital Editions
All ebook formats (ePub, PDF, oePub, oPDF) except Kindle books are available for download on Nooks. The links and videos below will guide you through what you need to read these ebooks on your Nook.
Get an Adobe ID and Adobe Digital EditionsTo read ebooks from the library on a Nook, you will need an Adobe ID and the Adobe Digital Editions software.
Need more help? Have questions?
Click here for our complete guide to Adobe ID and Adobe Digital Editions.
Find an eBook to Check OutOnce you have Adobe Digital Editions and your Adobe ID, you are ready to find and download a book.
1. Go to http://marmot.lib.overdrive.com/, sign in, and find a book you want to check out.
2. Click on the "Add to Book Bag" link.
3. If you are ready to download your book, click "Proceed to Checkout." If you want to download more than one book, click "Continue Browsing" and add more books to you book bag before you click "Proceed to Checkout."
4. Confirm that the titles on the page are those you wish to check out, then click "Confirm Check Out."
5. Click the "Download" button. When you open the downloaded book, it should open in Adobe Digital Editions.
Transferring eBooks to Your NookOnce you have your ebook downloaded on your computer and open in Adobe Digital Editions you can transfer it to your Nook. This video explains how.
Removing eBooks from Your NookThe short video below explains how to remove library ebooks from your Nook.
Using Your Nook to Read eBooksThis video explains where to find downloaded ebooks on different kinds of Nook ereaders and tips for reading on a Nook.
Using the Overdrive App to Download eBooks Over Wi-fiThe Overdrive Media Console App is available for the following devices:
- Nook Color
- Nook HD/HD+
- Nook Tablet