Downloading for iPhones, iPads, and iPods
Downloadable eBooks and Audiobooks
Garfield County Libraries offers thousands of ebook and audiobook titles for iDevices to our members. There are a few things you should know before downloading materials from the library.
- Before you look for ebooks, sign in to Overdrive using your library card number to see the complete list of titles for Garfield County members.
- Music and video downloads are not yet available for iDevices.
- You will need to download the Overdrive App in order to use non-Kindle ebooks and audiobooks and the Kindle App for Kindle App ebooks.
- If an ebook is only available for Kindles and not Kindle Apps, it is not compatible with iDevices at this time.
- Click here to read the Getting Started with an iOS Device guide from Overdrive
Downloading ePub Books Using the Overdrive App
OverDrive for iDevices
Downloading Audiobooks Using the Overdrive App
There are two audiobook formats, MP3 and WMA. All iDevices are compatible with the MP3 format and all iDevices EXCEPT the first generation iPod shuffle are compatible with the WMA format. Many audiobooks are only available in one of the two formats. The easiest way to download audiobooks is using the Overdrive App. If your device does not support apps from the iTunes store, follow the "Audiobooks for iPods" directions in the video list above.
Audiobooks for iPods
To download an audiobook on a first generation iPod touch or any other type of iPod, you will need to download the Overdrive Media Console on to a computer, download the audiobook to your computer, and then transfer the audiobook to your iPod. To use the WMA file format, you will need to use a Windows computer. You can use the MP3 format with any type of computer.
Click here for a step by step online tutorial for downloading audiobooks on an iPod.
Downloading Kindle eBooks Using the Overdrive App
The videos below will help you get started. If you need additional help, see the Kindle help page or contact your local branch library.
Kindle Reading Apps and the Kindle Cloud Reader